Starting this Thursday, October 20th, Sephora will be holding its annual Friends and Family Sale where customers can get 20% off their entire purchase! This discount applies to all products, including the sale items. The sale will last until Wednesday, November 2nd so get your carts stocked up in the meantime! Oh and get your discount code here!
As for me, I'm tempted by these.. (Click on the picture for better quality!)
1. Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Angeles - $15 (on sale) - I'm always partial to browns and bronze/copper tones, and the blue/green shades seem like a great way to brighten up a look or step out of your normal makeup routine. I'm probably not going to get this b/c I already have the Naked Palette and UD's 15th anniversary palette, but this is a GREAT deal on some awesome, pigmented shades.
2. Kat Von D Autograph Liner - $16 (on sale) - I've heard great things about this liquid eyeliner so I may end up buying this. I actually like brush tips rather than felt ones and this... is a brush applicator! We are fated, Mr. Autograph Liner.
3. Nars Roman Holiday Lipstick - $24 - I really adore NARS products, especially their lip products and blushes/bronzers. I'm probably going to pick up this shade during the sale, which is described as a sheer delicate pastel pink. I've tried it on and the color is very buildable. Seems suitable for lighter skin tones, though.
4. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 PA+++ - $39 - The best defense against aging is a good sunblock, imo. I've been using the same product in SPF 33, but I think I need a higher SPF b/c my freckles seem to be getting darker :( And I heard that the formula for this SPF 60 is less greasy compared to the SPF 33! No one wants an oily looking face...
5. Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish - $16 - I've blogged about it here, so you guys know how much I want this polish. Rad.
6. Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine - $9.50 (on sale) I have semi-big lips for an Asian, so I don't really buy plumping lip products, but... it's on sale. I'm a sucker for sales. Look mama I saved 75%!! But she'll probably just shake her head. Regardless of the price, this has great reviews on Sephora and is NOT a sticky lipgloss! Looks like a winner.
7. Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer - $28 - So this past year, I've been on a quest to lengthen and volumize my natural lashes, and I came upon this product from Dior last spring. I've used a whole tube, which lasted me about 5 months, and I must say... This really does work! I saw new lashes growing in and my original lashes definitely grew longer. They also seemed healthier b/c I didn't lose as many lashes when taking off my mascara. Definitely going to buy another tube. Or two... hehe.
8. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - $21 - Smooth, water-resistant, pigmented, and you can use this on the waterline. What is not to love?
9. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder - $30 - I use this on a daily basis, and I really like this stuff. It has a sheer coverage, but it would be great as a setting powder for you foundation users. In terms of oil control, I think it lasts about 8 hours before you see any shine, but that's just me. Totally makes you look flawless, matte, and reduces the visibility of your strawberry fields (aka pores).
10. DDF Glycolic Exfoliating Wash 5% - $35 - I haven't used this yet so I can't give you a personal review, but it is supposedly helpful in preventing breakouts and evening out complexion. I would assume that this would be pretty drying, so I would suggest putting on a thick moisturizer afterwards.
11. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - $13 to $24.50 - If you have oily skin, this is the moisturizer for you. I like to use this in the summertime and alternate between the moisturizing lotion and FAB ultra repair cream (love!) in the winter.
12. Philosophy Help Me - $45 - This stuff claims to "keep pores clean and minimized, reduces wrinkles and discoloration, and boosts tone and firmness" so I'm tempted to try it out. The main reason I want this is because it has retinol, a form of Vitamin A that has anti-aging effects. Remember, if you are using products that include retinol, alpha-hydroxyacids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxyacids (BHA) in its ingredients, you MUST use sunscreen before going outside.
13. Korres Lip Butter - I am obsessed with lip balms. I'm pretty sure I have a lip balm of some sort in every purse I own... Haha. I want to add this to my collection... It contains shea butter and rice wax and also has a sheer tint of color to brighten up your look!
Head on over to Sephora now! :)